Meet Heather Howard:
- Short Bio (Where are you from, college degree, etc):
I grew up in Lake Tahoe CA, I went to college in Sacramento, CA and earned a degree in Child Development with an emphasis in special needs.
- What role/job do you do at BGCM?
Outcomes/ data queen.
- When did you first get started with BGCM?:
Summer of 2015
- What is your favorite thing about being a part of the BGCM Team?
We all have the same goal of being in it for the kids! Making an IMPACT!
- What is your favorite memory or moment with the Club so far?:
Lacey's face plant into whipped cream for NYOI! Or Michelle Allison's race car skills on a scavenger hunt!
- If you had to pick one program, activity, or event that you enjoy the most at Club, what would it be?:
I love SMART Girls! Girl empowerment is a passion of mine!
- How has being a part of the Boys & Girls Club movement influenced your life today?:
It's helped me to understand the community. Being new to Manhattan it's been great to get to know new people and understand the needs of families here.
- As a kid what was your favorite school subject?
Language Arts/ Reading
- Who has had the most influence on your work career?:
My old boss Alissa, she was such a strong leader and her belief in my abilities always made me push myself.
- Where are you currently on your life’s journey and what are your future plans?:
The only word I can think of for this question is family—my life journey is all about my kids and husband. Our future plans are hard to say, eventually we'd like to move home to the west coast where friends and family are, I always plan on working with youth in some capacity.
- Who is your favorite candy bar and why?:
Milky Way right now, the mix of chocolate and caramel yum! But any chocolate is happiness for me!
- What is number one on your bucket list?:
Take a honeymoon! We still haven't had one!
- If a kid wanted to grow up to have a job like you, what advice do you have for them?
You have to be aware that numbers on reports don't tell the full story just a small glimpse. It's the people (testimonials) that are the most compelling 'evidence' of a quality program!