NEWS & HAPPENINGS
October 27 2016
Meet volunteer Alexis Altamirano!
1) Where are you from? (Short Bio)
I was born and raised in Dodge City, KS. I just received my Associates Degree from Dodge City Community College last spring before transferring to Kansas State this fall.
2) Why do you volunteer at the Boys & Girls Club?
I am a volunteer at Boys & Girls Club through my job at K-State as an Academic Mentor.
3) How long have you volunteered with the BGC?
I have been a volunteer at Boys & Girls Club for only a couple of months now, but I plan on continuing as long as I can.
4) What is your favorite part of volunteering with the BGC?
My favorite part of volunteering with Boys & Girls Club is all the different and wonderful personalities from all the children. They truly make the time I spend with them worth it.
5) How has volunteering impacted your life?
Like I have mentioned, I have only been a volunteer for a couple of months, but it has definitely shown me a different side of how fun, loving, and caring children can be.
6) What are your future plans?
My future plans are to graduate at Kansas State University with a Bachelors in Social Work.
7) If you had to pick one program, activity or event that you enjoy the most at Club, what would it be?
My favorite activity at Boys & Girls Club would have to be free time or gym time when the kids can finally just have some fun away from school work. They are ALWAYS excited for some free time!
8) Advice for the youth in the community?
Follow your dreams. This is very cliche, but there are so many people who are pressured to life styles they don't actually want to live.